Observations from Boston of a transplanted New Yorker.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

NOR'EASTER !!!



Yawn.

Unless you're in Gloucester and working the fishing boats this is no big deal. Even then you just stay in port, eat chowder all the day and don't worry about getting washed overboard.

Wind blows. Rain comes down. You stay inside. Tomorrow it is over. Done and done.

People say that they would never move to New England because the weather is too harsh. My parents are those type of people. They live in Florida and have to evacuate every other week because some hurricane with a stupid name is bearing down on their sun porch. They tell me they would never move to Massachusetts because of all the snow that we get up here. I tell them that no one has ever told me I have to leave the state because there's a snow storm named "Wilhemina" on the way. I just shovel the snow, go back inside my warm and toasty house and pour myself another bourbon.

Also, no one loots during a blizzard.

Think about that while you're nailing boards to your house to cover your windows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home